Visa requirements are different according to each country. Visitors to Hong Kong must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months before the planned departure date to Hong Kong. Visitors from most countries are not required to obtain visas and can stay for periods varying from 7 days to 180 days, depending on nationality.
Please check the web site of the Hong Kong Immigration Department and the Chinese embassy or consulate to find out whether you need to apply for an entry visa to Hong Kong.
If you need a Letter of Invitation to apply for a visa to attend the Workshop, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name as it appears in your passport (Please provide your name in Chinese if Chinese Letter is required)
- Your position
- Your affiliation/organization (Please provide your organization name in Chinese if Chinese Letter is required)
- Your registration email address
- Your preference on the language of the letter (English / Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese)
The letter will be sent to you by email in PDF format within 7 working days after receiving the request with sufficient information. If the printed copy is required, please specify your address to receive the letter. Please note that Letter of Invitation will only be sent to participants who have registered and paid for the Conference. Should participants withdraw from the conference after the issue of Letter of Invitation, the consulate will be notified of the withdrawal accordingly.
- All participants will be housed at the Student Hostel at CW Chu College.
- Hostel check-in:
- 21st JULY, 2:30PM - allow check-in to the hostel.
- 21st JULY, 2:30PM-6:30PM - volunteers will be at the hostel to help.
- Hostel check-out:
- All participants MUST check out by 11:00AM.
- During your stay, the hostel rules must be strictly followed.
From Hong Kong International Airport to the Chinese University of Hong Kong (University MTR Station)
Located at Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong International Airport is conveniently accessible via limousine, taxi, Mass Transit Railway (MTR) or the hotel limousine service.
|Taxi||Airbus Route No. A41, then Taxi / MTR|
|Time||approx. 30 minutes||approx. 65 minutes|
|Operating Hours / Frequency:||24 hours||
|Fare:||approximately HK$300 (US$40) including tolls, excluding levy for luggage and traffic (you may take the NT taxis (green taxis) which is at a lower fare)||
|Where to take:||Go to taxi stand according to the direction in the arrival hall and walk a long down slop stretch on the LEFT.||
* You may consider purchasing an octopus card from the train station in the airport. They will charge HK$150 for this, 100 (value) and 50 (deposit). If you do this, you can use this card to pay for your bus and train without needing to bother for tickets (as usual in most countries). When leaving Hong Kong, you can return the card at HK airport train station. They will return all the remaining money (including deposit) in the card, save for HK$9 (handling fee).
From Shenzhen (Lo Wu / Lok Ma Chau), China
The conference venue and hotels are located conveniently at MTR University Station along the East Rail line of the Mass Transit Railway (MTR).
|From Lo Wu by Mass Transit Railway (MTR)||From Lok Ma Chau by Mass Transit Railway (MTR)|
|Time||approx. 24 minutes||approx. 28 minutes|
|Operating Hours / Frequency:||
|Fare:||HK$25.5 (US$3.3) per person||HK$25.5 (US$3.3) per person|
To Workshop Venue
The workshop venue is at Seminar Rooms, 1/F., CW Chu College (marked by star in the below map).
University BusParticipants can go to CW College by taking the University Bus:
|Route 3: Shaw College||Route 4: Circuit Road||Route 8: West Campus||Route N: Night Service||Route H: Holiday Service|
|Departure Time||Every 00, 20, 40 minute of the hour||Every 10, 30, 50 minute of the hour||Every 00, 20, 40 minute of the hour||Every *00, 15, 30, 45 minute of the hour||Every *00, 20, 40 minute of the hour|
|Period of Operation||0900 - 1840||0730 - 1850||0740 - 1840||1900 - 2330||0820—2320, Sundays and Public Holidays|
|From University Station to CW Chu College||
|From CW Chu College to University Station||
|All Stops (for reference)||
Useful Websites and Apps
- Mass Transit Railway (MTR): http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/homepage/cust_index.html
- Mass Transit Railway (MTR) [Mobile App]: http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/whatsnew/mtrmobile.html
- The Kowloon Motor Bus (KMB): http://www.kmb.com.hk/en/
- Campus map: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/campus/cuhk-campus-map.html
- CUHK Mobile [Mobile App, Android version]: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hk.edu.cuhk.cuhkmobile
- CUHK Mobile [Mobile App, iPhone version]: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cuhk-mobile/id441447866?ls=1&mt=8
- CUHK Shuttle Bus Routes and Timetable: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/campus-transportation/english/campus-shuttle/plans-for-2012/new-bus-routes.html#current
- CUHK Facilities, Services and Canteens: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/campus/accommodation.html