Visa requirements are different according to each country. Visitors to Hong Kong must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months before the planned departure date to Hong Kong. Visitors from most countries are not required to obtain visas and can stay for periods varying from 7 days to 180 days, depending on nationality.
Please check the web site of the Hong Kong Immigration Department and the Chinese embassy or consulate to find out whether you need to apply for an entry visa to Hong Kong.
If you need a Letter of Invitation to apply for a visa to attend the Workshop, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name as it appears in your passport (Please provide your name in Chinese if Chinese Letter is required)
- Your position
- Your affiliation/organization (Please provide your organization name in Chinese if Chinese Letter is required)
- Your registration email address
- Your preference on the language of the letter (English / Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese)
The letter will be sent to you by email in PDF format within 7 working days after receiving the request with sufficient information. If the printed copy is required, please specify your address to receive the letter. Please note that Letter of Invitation will only be sent to participants who have registered and paid for the Conference. Should participants withdraw from the conference after the issue of Letter of Invitation, the consulate will be notified of the withdrawal accordingly.
Lee Woo Sing College Hostel
Default acc. for student/postdoc participants
Hostel check-in can be made in the afternoon of 7th June. It will follow with ice-breaking activities in the evening.
Hostel check-out shall be made by the morning of 13th June.
For more detail, you can visit LWS College.
From Hong Kong International Airport to the Chinese University of Hong Kong / Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin (University MTR Station)
Located at Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong International Airport is conveniently accessible via limousine, taxi, Mass Transit Railway (MTR) or the hotel limousine service.
|Taxi||Airbus Route No. A41, then Taxi / MTR|
|Time||approx. 30 minutes||approx. 65 minutes|
|Operating Hours / Frequency:||24 hours||
|Fare:||approximately HK$300 (US$40) including tolls, excluding levy for luggage and traffic (you may take the NT taxis (green taxis) which is at a lower fare)||
|Where to take:||Go to taxi stand according to the direction in the arrival hall and walk a long down slop stretch on the LEFT.||
* You may consider purchasing an octopus card from the train station in the airport. They will charge HK$150 for this, 100 (value) and 50 (deposit). If you do this, you can use this card to pay for your bus and train without needing to bother for tickets (as usual in most countries). When leaving Hong Kong, you can return the card at HK airport train station. They will return all the remaining money (including deposit) in the card, save for HK$9 (handling fee).
From Shenzhen (Lo Wu / Lok Ma Chau), China
The conference venue and hotels are located conveniently at MTR University Station along the East Rail line of the Mass Transit Railway (MTR).
|From Lo Wu by Mass Transit Railway (MTR)||From Lok Ma Chau by Mass Transit Railway (MTR)|
|Time||approx. 24 minutes||approx. 28 minutes|
|Operating Hours / Frequency:||
|Fare:||HK$25.5 (US$3.3) per person||HK$25.5 (US$3.3) per person|
To Workshop Venue
Please refer to varies paths as marked in the map:
- From University MTR Station
- On Foot: please refer to Walking Path from University MTR Station. It takes approx.15 mins.
- University Shuttle Bus: please refer to Shuttle Bus Path from University MTR Station. It takes less than 10 mins to Sir Run Run Shaw Hall. Then please refer to Walking Path from Sir Run Run Shaw Hall to Workshop Venue which takes 5 mins.
- From Hostel (Lee Woo Sing College)
- On Foot: please refer to Walking Path from Hostel. It takes approx. 15 mins.
- University Shuttle Bus: please refer to Shuttle Bus Path from Hostel (iHouse 3). The time varies to the Route No. took. Then please refer to Walking Path from University Admin Building to Workshop Venue which takes 5 mins.
The workshop venue is at TY Wong Hall, 5/F., Ho Sin Hang Engineering Building (marked by star in the below map).
Useful Websites and Apps
- Mass Transit Railway (MTR): http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/homepage/cust_index.html
- Mass Transit Railway (MTR) [Mobile App]: http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/whatsnew/mtrmobile.html
- The Kowloon Motor Bus (KMB): http://www.kmb.com.hk/en/
- Campus map: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/campus/cuhk-campus-map.html
- CUHK Mobile [Mobile App, Android version]: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hk.edu.cuhk.cuhkmobile
- CUHK Mobile [Mobile App, iPhone version]: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cuhk-mobile/id441447866?ls=1&mt=8
- CUHK Shuttle Bus Routes and Timetable: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/campus-transportation/english/campus-shuttle/plans-for-2012/new-bus-routes.html#current
- CUHK Facilities, Services and Canteens: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/campus/accommodation.html